Step 1: Decide when and where you would like to conduct your Drive.
- Most any event or location can be an ideal place for a Bone Marrow Drive!
- You may make your Bone Marrow Drive a public appeal for all those in need of a Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT).
- Or you make a personal appeal in honour of an individual who is in need of a BMT.
- Try to recruit friends and family to help you in your drive campaign.
Step 2: Contact the organiser for the event to ask for permission to conduct the drive.
Step 3: Contact us for
- Volunteers who may be able to help you conduct your drive
- Training on how to conduct your own a BMD (a short 30 min. phone call/meeting)
- Registration forms
- Fliers / Leaflets
o We can help you create personalised fliers/leaflets for your drive.
- Helpful information about the urgency and need for more donors and its processes
- Test kits and accessories, etc.
**We may be able to supply you with some of these items and/or direct you to your local charity, who can offer assistance and supplies. Please contact us at least 3 weeks prior to the event, in order for us to offer you the most assistance for your BMD.
Step 4: Notify friends, family, colleagues, etc. of your BMD and provide details of the event, location and time.
- Use social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook to draw more attention to you BMD and to this worthy cause. In phase 2 & 3 of our website launch, you will be able to Launch your own Campaign/Drive, through our customisable microsites with many more rich functionality, which makes hosting your own drives very easy.
Step 5: Conduct the Bone Marrow Drive.
- Recruit individuals by stressing the importance of being a donor and how simple and easy it is to save a life.
- Explain the importance of this lifetime commitment to be a donor, and explain that if they are found to be a match
- how they may donate their bone marrow/stem cells in a nonsurgical and pain-free way.
- Take new donors through the simple registration form and if eligible, have them provide their saliva/cheek swab sample with the kits provided.
- And finally enjoy and have fun at your BMD, and know that you all have made a considerable difference to the world and to someone in need of a Bone Marrow Transplant!
Step 6: Mail back the registration forms and accompanying donor sample kits of new donors recruited at your BMD, free of charge. That’s how simple it is!
Step 7: Next plan your next bone marrow campaign or fundraising event.